Become a Host Family Today!

Some Collegians players come from out of the state and need a place to stay for the summer.

What is the role of a host family?

Some of our players come from outside of the Front Range area and are in the need of a good home for the summer. Host families have the opportunity to ‘Adopt-A-Player’ during the summer to help a player become acquainted with a new community and possibly establish a lifelong friendship with your family.

Benefits of hosting a Collegian:

• Having good, healthy male energy in your house
  • Having a role model for your kid(s) to look up to and learn from
  • Creating a friendship with the player that can extend years after the season is over
  • A season ticket for each member of your household for all home games
  • A party during the season with the players to say ‘Thank You” for your generosity
  • A night at the ballpark where host families will be welcomed onto the field and recognized for their contribution

What is expected of a host family?

Host families are to provide free room and board to a Collegians player from Memorial Day weekend through the end of July. Host Families are to welcome their player into a healthy family environment as a means to help the player transition into the Boulder community. While players are living with host families, it is understood that the player must abide by your ‘house rules’ (i.e. curfew, cleanliness, reasonably assigned chores, etc.).  As these players advance their careers, we feel it is important to recognize that they are still young men who are learning to adjust to living without their parents. Host families help bridge that gap. Players and host families will have the opportunity to talk over the phone (or skype) prior to the player’s arrival in Boulder to make sure it is a good match for both parties.

HOST FAMILY REFERRAL PROGRAM

If you refer someone who becomes a host family, you will receive the following:

• $100 Cash
  • 2018 Boulder Collegians season tickets for you and your entire family
  • Free Collegians gear
  • A free hot dog at every home game for your entire family!
  • Throw out the first pitch at a game

Things expected for host families to provide:

• Spare bedroom and access to bathroom
  • Access to use laundry room, kitchen and family/entertainment room
  • 2-3 meals per day (depending on game schedule)
  • Internet access

Things NOT required for host families to provide:

• Transportation
  • Entertainment for the player (but feel free to invite the player to join your family activities if you desire)
  • Support at games (however, it is nice if you can attend at least a few over the summer)